Compass is a specialist service that aims to improve the social and emotional well-being of children and young people affected by parental alcohol and other drug use in Aberdeenshire.
- In-depth assessment of the needs of the child or young person affected
- Practical support and guidance to help the child or young person deal constructively with their home situation
- Support and assistance to ensure the child or young person’s safety and welfare is protected
- Age-appropriate advice and information on the effects of alcohol and drug use on behaviour
- A safe space to talk about own goals and aspirations
- Referral to play and relaxation opportunities
- Partnership working to fully support the child or young person in achieving their goals